Monday, February 15, 2016

Planning ahead...

I love it when things fall into place accidentally, and land more perfect than if you ever had planned it. I've spent the past month teaching my 6th grades basic JavaScript. They're finishing that unit with a project designing a picture of an animal. In racking my brain trying to decide what to do next, it struck me to go with what works. So we'll keep coding. And creating. They get to learn basic web design, creating a wiki on their animal, and then finish the year by using the CAD skills once again to design & 3D print their animal. Lots of pics & tweets to come!

5th grade finally decided they would write me a good, quality paper, so they get to move on. We started engineering today, with an intro to engineering and simple machines. Bridge design is next, first Popsicle stick bridges then finishing with CAD of their bridge and a 3D print of it. Lots of tweets & pics for this too!!!

I love my job.